Welcome to my website and blog. My name is Lucinda Porter. As a nurse and writer, much of my work has been dedicated to raising awareness about hepatitis C and advocating for people affected by it. Although viral hepatitis is still a huge problem in the United States as well as the world, I am expanding the focus of my life and this website to include other issues most of us grapple with, specifically, life, death, and health.
Here are some questions I plan on exploring:
- What does it mean to be healthy?
- Can we be in illness, pain, and grief and still be healthy?
- What are ways we can embrace health, especially when we feel uninspired, lonely, unwell, and out of ideas?
- Can we talk about death?
- What are our choices around death?
- What is fear, and how do we live with it?
- Are there secrets to life?
- How do we age well?
- Can we change, especially when we are older?
- What does it mean to be fully alive?
There are many other questions. Those of you who have read my blog for the past five years know that I have more questions than answers. And even when I think I have answers, I don’t. I have ideas and I share them, but I am not attached to them.
For those of you looking for more about hepatitis C, check out my blog at Hepmag.com.
Those of you who want to explore issues surrounding life, death, and health, I welcome your questions, answers., and comments. Come muse with me.